Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Soom Dia (Valentine)

I finally got some time to myself to paint my Soom Dia (and yes, I officially changed his name to Valentine). Soom Dia is such a fun sculpt to paint, it's very versatile.

The character I had for Valentine is a posh and sassy younger cousin of Lucien. Unlike Lucien, Valentine is neat individual with obsession of the fashion world. He loves expensive/ luxurious brand names and fine wines.

Here below is the WIP pictures I took as I painted Valentine. In the first picture I sprayed a few layers of MSC and painted the head with my air brush. I used natural colors (light brown & flesh pink) Then I seal the face up with MSC. In the second picture I darken the brow bones and lower eyelids with dark brown soft pastel, I also added a little bit of maroon to the brow bones and sealed it with MSC. In the third picture I used my paint brush and dark brown soft pastels to shaped eye brows, I also used kneaded eraser to get rid of my mistakes. Then I added light beige and white to create contrast to the upper brow bones, and sealed with MSC. In the fourth picture, I thinned out my soft body liquitex acrylics to the proper consistency and painted the eyebrows, creases, eyeliners, eyelashes, and lip lines. Before I sealed it with MSC I added Crobidoll's Pearl Powder to the face up so that it will have a slight shimmer to it. And then lastly, I glossed the lips (x3) and the top eyelids/eyeliners (x2).


Here is the better quality of the face up + brown lashes. And he's claiming this pair of Oscar Eyes (Winter Violet in 14mm). 


Look at those fabulous eyeliners.


Most of you know this, I'm weak against luscious lips and cute teeth. 


And now Valentine's is finally complete~


Thanks for reading, and tell me what you think of my face up. All feedbacks about the face up are welcomed. Till next time. <333


8 comments:

  1. I'm still scared of blushing a head with an airbrush, but you did an incredible job!!!!
    You also made his amazing lips super glossy and amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you should try it too. It takes a little bit of practice to get used to, but it give a really nice result that soft pastels have hard time achieving (Whenever I used dark colored pastels on light color resin it crates this gritty/dirty looks to it up close). And yes, super glossy lips are the best !! ;)

      Delete
  2. I loved seeing your progress! Dia is one gorgeous sculpt, isn't he? :D I agree with you on the lips and open mouth~
    I love the soft effect you've achieved around the eyes with your air brush! I think that's much harder to do with pastels, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, air brush really do a wonder. For me it was a bit tricky to use the air brush since I'm not too familiar with it. But I hope can can get better with using it. ^^

      Delete
  3. His lips look amazing ^-^ Also his lashes and the eyeliner look very neat, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job you did! * ____ * As you notice that you know make up well, there will be taken a long time, but the result is great <3 And your guy is so handsome ... I love his wig, you're doing some very nice photos <33333 Hope see more bang for your Blog: P A hug!! <33333333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Soom Dia is definitely a beautiful and versatile sculpt. :D

      Delete